The 5P Publishing System is my bespoke method for creating a business book that sells, raises your profile and makes you money.
It's the product of my experience as an editor when I worked for professional publishing companies. But I've added the business element so it works for business owners who want to write a book that will grow their business.
Sadly, if you miss any of these steps, you could miss an opportunity your could bring to your business - and that would be a great shame considering the amount of time and effort (not to mention money) that goes into producing it in the first place.
But these five steps have other benefits too:
- They'll prevent you from writing a book that none of your ideal readers wants.
- It's stop you getting stuck and running out of steam with your book.
- It'll help you plan your time and schedule your publication date.
- You'll avoid having a book that's either too long or too short.
- It'll save you money by ensuring you make the right decisions at the right time.
So, in short, this system will save you both time, money and effort.
The grid opposite, shows a timescale that stretches over a whole year, but you don't have to use that timescale. If you're writing a short, digital book you could easily complete the process much faster than this. If you already have a tough schedule, you can decide to take more time over the process. It's up to you.